Steps to Complete the Travel Forms (to receive Health Pass/es for Entry into Costa Rica)
UPDATE: As of August 1, 2021, minors (under 18) and those who are fully vaccinated can enter Costa Rica as tourists without purchasing a travel health insurance policy.
1. Purchase Travel Insurance that covers sickness and quarantine lodging expenses. Travel Insured International has the best policy we've seen. You can .
2. Save a copy of the Consulate letter (.pdf) that shows proof of coverage (which you'll receive after purchase).
3. Visit the . You may only start the entry process within 72 hours of departure.
4. Enter the information requested. "Every passenger must fill out the Health Pass every time they travel to Costa Rica. After completion of the form, they will receive a QR code that must be carried on your mobile phone or printed out on paper to be allowed to pass through airport authority posts." (Adult passengers may fill out the form on behalf of minors).
5. TRAVEL INSURANCE- Choose INTERNATIONAL from the drop down menu. See below.
6. UPLOAD INSURANCE FILE- Upload a .pdf copy of your Consulate letter (which you’ll receive once you have purchased your policy.) See below.
7. The Healthcares Pass site will issue you a QR code. Save to your phone or print.
Note: A negative COVID test result is required to re-enter the U.S.
The U.S. government requires all returning passengers show a negative COVID test result no more than 72 hours prior to your return flight. This is available at the Los Suenos resort. Carolina can make arrangements for you.
Sample Consulate Letter
"Upload insurance file to validate"
Choose INTERNATIONAL from the drop down
Sample QR Code