Our Program And Policies To Extend/Reschedule Your Trip Due To Covid Interruptions
We are working diligently to reschedule dates for those affected by COVID. We are juggling 7 1/2 months of cancellations from 2020 into 2021. To accommodate everyone, here's how we'll assist our guests with donated or purchased trips.
We’ll extend your reservation dates for purchased trips (subject to availability) as follows:
1. For reservations cancelled during the COVID closure period (March 18, 2020-October 2, 2020): If you OPTED IN to the travel interruption insurance plan, you may extend indefinitely. If you OPTED OUT of trip interruption insurance, you may add 12 months to your reservation checkin date.
2. For reservations cancelled after the COVID closure period: .
We’ll extend the expiration dates for charity certificates (subject to availability) as follows:
1. For booked trips scheduled and cancelled during March 18, 2020- April 18, 2020: You may extend indefinitely.
2. For booked trips scheduled and cancelled during the COVID closure period (April 19, 2020-October 2, 2020): Add 6 months if you OPTED OUT of trip interruption insurance. You may extend indefinitely if you OPTED IN to the insurance.
3. For trips purchased from March, 2020-November, 2020, you may add 6 months to the extension date. For trips purchased from January, 2020-February, 2020 you may add 100 days to the extension date.
4. For unbooked trips with certificate dates set to expire during the closure period (March 18, 2020-October 2, 2020): Add 100 days.
5. For trips with certificate dates set to expire before or after the closure period (March 18, 2020-October 2, 2020): Extensions at a modest cost (if needed).
Extensions are offered only once so we may accommodate everyone.
From the Costa Rica Website-Requirements for Entry into Costa Rica
UPDATE: As of August 1, 2021, minors (under 18) and those who are fully vaccinated can enter Costa Rica as tourists without purchasing a travel health insurance policy.
The following requirements have been established due to the pandemic:
Completing the HEALTH PASS online form. .
From the Tico Times: The Health Pass can only be completed within the 72 hours prior to departure. It must be accessed on up-to-date browsers, with the exception of Internet Explorer. One form must be completed per person, including minors, without exception.
Acquiring medical insurance
Unvaccinated tourists (those without a valid CDC Vaccine card) must acquire that covers lodging in the event of quarantine as well as medical expenses due to contracting COVID-19.
To purchase a plan or learn more,
Links for traveller information:
The U.S. government requires all returning passengers show a negative COVID test result no more than 72 hours prior to your return flight. This is available at the Los Suenos resort. Carolina can make arrangements for you.