Our Program And Policies To Extend/Reschedule Your Trip Due To Covid Interruptions
We are working diligently to reschedule dates for those affected by COVID. We are juggling 7 1/2 months of cancellations from 2020 into 2021. To accommodate everyone, here's how we'll assist our guests with donated or purchased trips.
We’ll extend your reservation dates for purchased trips (subject to availability) as follows:
1. For reservations cancelled during the COVID closure period (March 18, 2020-October 15, 2020): If you OPTED IN to the travel interruption insurance plan, you may extend indefinitely. If you OPTED OUT of trip interruption insurance, you may add 12 months to your reservation checkin date.
2. For reservations cancelled after the COVID closure period: .
We’ll extend the expiration dates for charity certificates (subject to availability) as follows:
1. For booked trips scheduled and cancelled during March 18, 2020- April 18, 2020: You may extend indefinitely.
2. For booked trips scheduled and cancelled during the COVID closure period (April 19, 2020-October 15, 2020): Add 6 months to the certificate validity date if you OPTED OUT of trip interruption insurance. You may extend indefinitely if you OPTED IN to the insurance.
3. For trips purchased from March 1, 2020-October 15, 2020, you may add 6 months to the extension date. For trips purchased from January, 2020-February, 2020 you may add 100 days to the extension date.
4. For unbooked trips with certificate dates set to expire during the closure period (March 18, 2020-October 15, 2020): Add 100 days.
5. For trips with certificate dates set to expire before or after the closure period (March 18, 2020-October 15, 2020): Extensions at a modest cost (if needed).
Extensions are offered only once so we may accommodate everyone.
From the Costa Rica Website-Requirements for Entry into Costa Rica
The following forms are required for entry into CR:
Complete the HEALTH PASS online form no earlier than 72 hours prior to departure.
The site supports Internet Explorer. You may also use other browsers which are up-to-date. One form must be completed per person, including minors, without exception.
Vaccinated tourists DO NOT need to purchase a health insurance policy approved by the Costa Rica government.
Unvaccinated tourists (those without a valid CDC Vaccine card) must acquire that covers medical care and lodging in the event of quarantine.
To purchase an approved plan or learn more,
Returning to The United States
Starting December 6, all air passengers, regardless of vaccination status, must show a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 1 day before travel to the United States or must show documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before you board your flight. Children under 2 years old do not need to test. Air passengers will also be required to confirm in the that the information they present is true.
*COVID tests are available at the Los Suenos resort. Carolina can make arrangements for you.