Our Program And Policies To Extend/Reschedule Your Trip Due To Covid Interruptions
We are working diligently to reschedule dates for those affected by COVID. We are juggling 7 1/2 months of cancellations from 2020 into 2021. To accommodate everyone, here's how we'll assist our guests with donated or purchased trips.
We’ll extend your reservation dates for purchased trips (subject to availability) as follows:
1. For reservations cancelled during the COVID closure period (March 18, 2020-October 15, 2020): If you OPTED IN to the travel interruption insurance plan, you may extend indefinitely. If you OPTED OUT of trip interruption insurance, you may add 12 months to your reservation checkin date.
2. For reservations cancelled after the COVID closure period: .
We’ll extend the expiration dates for charity certificates (subject to availability) as follows:
1. For booked trips scheduled and cancelled during March 18, 2020- April 18, 2020: You may extend indefinitely.
2. For booked trips scheduled and cancelled during the COVID closure period (April 19, 2020-October 15, 2020): Add 6 months to the certificate validity date if you OPTED OUT of trip interruption insurance. You may extend indefinitely if you OPTED IN to the insurance.
3. For trips purchased from March 1, 2020-October 15, 2020, you may add 6 months to the extension date. For trips purchased from January, 2020-February, 2020 you may add 100 days to the extension date.
4. For unbooked trips with certificate dates set to expire during the closure period (March 18, 2020-October 15, 2020): Add 100 days.
5. For trips with certificate dates set to expire before or after the closure period (March 18, 2020-October 15, 2020): Extensions at a modest cost (if needed).
Extensions are offered only once so we may accommodate everyone.
From the Costa Rica Website-Requirements for Entry into Costa Rica
UPDATE: As of August 1, 2021, minors (under 18) and those who are fully vaccinated can enter Costa Rica as tourists without purchasing a travel health insurance policy.
The following requirements have been established due to the pandemic:
Completing the HEALTH PASS online form.
From the Tico Times: The Health Pass can only be completed within the 72 hours prior to departure. It must be accessed on up-to-date browsers, with the exception of Internet Explorer. One form must be completed per person, including minors, without exception.
Acquiring medical insurance
Unvaccinated tourists (those without a valid CDC Vaccine card) must acquire that covers lodging in the event of quarantine as well as medical expenses due to contracting COVID-19.
To purchase a plan or learn more,
Returning to The United States
Effective November 8, 2021 at 12:01am EST (5:01am GMT), before boarding a flight to the US from a foreign country, all air passengers- 2 years or older – are required to present a negative COVID-19 viral test* result, within a time period based on their vaccination status (see table below), or present documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 in the last 90 days. Air passengers will also be required to confirm in the form of an attestation that the information they present is true.
Starting November 8, 2021, non-U.S. citizens who are not immigrants to the United States will be required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their vaccination status to fly to the United States. There will be very limited exceptions to this vaccination requirement for certain non-U.S. citizens who are not immigrants, including children under the age of 18.
These travel requirements will be effective for air travel to the United States from any foreign country at or after 12:01AM ET on November 8, 2021.
All air passengers to the United States will also be required to provide basic contact information to airlines before boarding flights to the United States.
*COVID tests are available at the Los Suenos resort. Carolina can make arrangements for you.